A Soldiers Blog


Search Site search web

Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Time To Pray..Godspeed Heroes

Yahoo! News - World Photos - AP


A US Marine of the 1st Division gestures during a patrol outside Fallujah, Iraq, Sunday, Oct. 31, 2004. American forces are preparing for a major assault on Fallujah in an effort to restore control to a swathe of Sunni Muslim towns north and west of the capital ahead of crucial national elections due by Jan. 31. (AP Photo/Anja Niedringhaus)

I chose a prayer from Psalms that I have recited to all of my soldiers, and I pray for their safety in the event things don't turn out as well as I hope. I have put it on the bottom of the page so you can read it. This will test all my abilities as a person and as a leader, I know I am ready. This will not be like the everyday combat that goes on here, the rules of engagement are clear, anyone left in the city is a terrorist.
From a hero approaching Falluja

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He follows me through the green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your comfort and love, they protect me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my
life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.




Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!