A Soldiers Blog


Search Site search web

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Everyday Angel Speaks-For The Troops

I wanted to send you a note to say thank you. Thank you for protecting our country and our freedom. I can't imagine how hard it is being away from your family and home. But I really appreciate all you have had to sacrifice on our behalf. The American people owe you so much. And I know we will never be able to repay you. All I can offer you are words of gratitude. I have two children one is 8 and the other is 6. I feel like you are defending our freedom and giving them a better future. For that, I am forever grateful. I have taught them about you and what you have to give up for us to live in this land of freedom. When they see a military person they go up and say, " thank you for protecting our country." I've seen grown men almost brought to tears by this simple gesture. Funny how the small things in life are taken for granted isn't it? Sept. 11 taught me to take small things for granted no more. And I hope to live the rest of my life remembering those lessons. I only wish more people remembered how we felt on Sept. 12. Then more people would remember to say thank you to you and those with you.
In closing, let me once again tell you thank you. May you be safe in your travels.
Paulette Nelson
asoldiersblog.com

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!