A Soldiers Blog


Search Site search web

Wednesday, May 14, 2003

A Soldiers Mom

Newspaper Article Likes And Dislikes

There were many articles in the Los ANGELES Times that I really enjoyed. I particularly liked the article by Paul Brownfield "Job swap as a sweeps stunt? Hey it worked." The article was about Jay Leno and Katie Couric switching jobs. It was witty and insightful as well as informative. I would definitely read this reporter again. As for an article I disliked well besides the dull and dreary financials there really wasn't one that I found distasteful or erroneous. So I thought I would talk about a news segment on MSNBC that I found quite disgusting. It was during the time Peter Arnet made his fateful statements on Al-Jeezera TV, and Geraldo was being booted from Iraq. The two stations they worked for MSNBC (Peter Arnet's station) and FOX NEWS (Geraldo's station) started a feud which basically consisted of your reporter is worse than mine. Fox New said Arnet was a traitor and should be fired which MSNBC did. In turn, when GERALDO made he faux paus MSNBC went after him with as much if not more vigor. Going so far as to intimate that when Special Forces saw Geraldo they would wipe their hands with something not so nice then shake Geraldos. No wonder we have produced reporters like Jayson Blair.There are no limits. There is no pride. I hope the levels of idealism will be raised a bar and people become awakened to the time of sense and sensibilities.

God Bless Our TroopsFREE T-SHIRT WHEN YOU SUPPORT OUR TROOPS & SEND A CARE PACKAGE 39.95 FREE SHIPPING

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!